Sunday, April 17, 2016

It's a Bloomin' Heart Wedding Card!

Hello!

I've been on a roll this week!  Finished my taxes, washed my car, rode my bike (twice, no less!) and made cards, cards & more cards!

Here's a favorite to share with you.  I was inspired to make this when I received a "save the date" card in the mail for a wedding later this summer.  I thought it turned out so well that I decided to use it as a class project last week.  The Bloomin' Heart thinlits make it easy-peasy!  The base & front of the card is made from Stampin' Up's Shimmery White cardstock.  It doesn't photograph well, but there is a subtle shimmer all over that adds to the elegance of this card.  FYI, Shimmery White also holds up to watercoloring!

The color on this card is the lovely, minty Mint Macaron.  The flowers were cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and topped with pearls. The sentiment is from Suite Sayings, popped up with Dimensionals on top of a piece of 5/8" Whisper White Organza Ribbon. The most difficult (and it's not too bad) aspect of this card is that you need to remember when you are die-cutting the heart that you will be using the heart and the piece that you cut it from.  So first of all, be sure to place it exactly where you want it on the card front before you run it through the Big Shot.  Secondly, and this is Very Important, be sure to adhere the piece of shimmery white that the heart was cut from Right Side UP.  By this I mean it should be attached to the card front in the same orientation that it was when you made the die-cut.  If you adhere it to the Mint Macaron piece upside down, then your heart will also have to be adhered upside down to match. Interesting fact, 50% of crafters making this card will do this.  Don't ask how I know, just take my word for it!


I would love it if you would pin this card.  Have a lovely day!

Pat

1 comment: