Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Swirly Bird - I think I'm in love!

Hello Stampers,

It's the last day of May and that means today is the last chance to purchase any retiring Stampin' Up products you've been longing for!  If there have been any bundles on your Wish List that you haven't purchased yet, you should know that even if the stamp set and die-cuts are carrying over to the new catalogue, they won't be available at a 15% discount any longer!  Just sayin'...

Here's the link to view the retiring list one last time...

Enough of that...here is the first card I've made using my shiny new stamps...ta-da!

I've been playing with the Swirly Bird bundle I got with my catalog pre-order and I think I'm in love!  I have so many ideas swirling through my head for this stamp set, no wonder it's called Swirly Bird!

The blues on my card are the brand-new Dapper Denim and the good old Soft Sky.  I really like those two together.  The waves are made from one of the die-cuts included in the bundle.  I wanted to capture the way sunlight sparkles on the waves on a bright day on Lake Erie, so I used the "dotty" stamp from the set to stamp in Versamark, then I used Heat & Stick powder with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  The sweet little sailboat is actually 4 separate stamps and fussy-cut, which is much easier than it sounds!  The colors on it are Dapper Denim, Daffodil Delight (stamped off once on the solid sail) and Calypso Coral.  I stamped the swirly sun 3 times, using Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, and Peekaboo Peach.  Each image was stamped off once.  The center of the sun is stamped in Daffodil Delight, full strength.  The sentiment I've used here is from another new stamp set called Love & Affection.

Are you curious how I made the clouds in the sky?  It's done simply by sponging Soft Sky ink around the edge of a cloud shape cut from thick Whisper White cardstock. I cut my cloud shape out freehand, but the Tree Builder Punch cloud shape would work great, also.





 I'm going to add a Happy Birthday sentiment to the inside of this card and give it to my husband for his birthday next week...shhhhh...

This year's new In-Colors are Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach and Sweet Sugarplum. Starting tomorrow, you can order them or anything else that strikes your fancy from the new catalog!  If you need a catalog, please leave me a message and I will get you one.

Thanks for stopping by,
Pat

1 comment: