Friday, May 27, 2016

Wondrous Wreath in Blues


Hi, Stampers!

I was so happy to see that one of my all-time favorite go-to stamp sets for Christmas is back in the new catalog - Wondrous Wreath (135047) and the matching Wonderful Wreath Framelits (135851)!

Every month on the 25th I have a Christmas Only class and this was one of the projects for this month's class:

I wanted to get away from always using red & green for every Christmas project.  These colors work wonderfully together, I'm just sorry that Lost Lagoon is retiring at the end of May.

This card is 5 1/4" square.  You should know, and if you were at class I forgot to mention this so take note, that square cards ALWAYS require extra postage.  The weight doesn't matter.  They require special handling at the post office due to the shape of the envelope so a square card, even if it is less than one ounce, requires a 21-cent "non-machinable surcharge".

Although I've used this stamp set & framelits many times, I've never used the "Noel" that comes with it.  I really like it!  I will be using it again, for sure.  The framelits also come with the word "Joy" to die-cut.




Here are the details for my card:

Card base, Lost Lagoon 10 1/2" x 5 1/4".  Score at 5 1/4".
Second layer, Pool Party 5" x 5".
Third layer, Smoky Slate 4" x 4".
Fourth layer, Whisper White 3 3/4" x 3 3/4".
The Pool Party layer is randomly stamped in Versamark and clear embossing powder then heat set.  I used the wreath image with fewer leaves on it for this step.
The wreath is stamped first in Pool Party, and the second layer of leaves is stamped in Lost Lagoon.
The berries are stamped in Versamark and silver embossing powder then heat set.  You can see the detail on the berries in this photo -


The "Noel" is cut from a Silver Foil Sheet (132178) and the bow is Pool Party Glitter ribbon (140561).  The ribbon is retiring along with Lost Lagoon, so don't miss your chance to stock up on these two!

Because our creations deserve No Naked Envelopes, I decorated the flap of mine like this:







Cute, right?  I simply stamped the bottom half of the wreath to make it look like garland and added a bow in the middle.  Colors are Pool Party and Lost Lagoon.











Here you can see another way to decorate your envelopes, but the garland on the flap is my favorite.









 Here are some other ways I've used the Wondrous Wreath - it's not just for Christmas!



















Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  Thanks for stopping by!

Pat

1 comment:

  1. I love this stamp set! Cute card & stamping the envelopes really makes it look special!

    ReplyDelete