Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Inspired

Hi Stampers,

Fall is the best time of year, no doubt about it.  I've been inspired to create beautiful fall cards by all the colors of nature.  The cards I've been working on this week use some of my favorite things - Vintage Leaves, watercoloring and copper embossing powder!  Here's my card:



And here's my inspiration:


Aren't those just the best colors?  I tried to duplicate them with my watercoloring - I'm pretty happy with the result, what do you think?

I have to admit, these colors weren't the only thing that inspired me to make these cards.  I watched this awesome video from Patty Bennett and couldn't wait to try this watercolor wash technique.  I could go into more detail about how it's done, but Patty does such a great job explaining it in her video that you really need to watch it!  (Seriously, you'll be inspired too!)

Here are some of the sheets that I cut my leaves from.  Don't be discouraged if you try this and think your watercoloring doesn't look right - there's no right or wrong with this technique.  Every piece is unique and you'll probably think it looks like a mess, until you cut the leaves - then they are gorgeous!


Another thing I used on all of my cards is my favorite embossing powder, Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder.  I'm amazed every time I use it at how quickly and smoothly it melts.

Isn't that beautiful?  So elegant and perfect for Fall!

Once I got started making these cards, I couldn't stop.



I really couldn't stop.  I made birthday cards, and thank you cards, and hello cards, and missing you cards, and Thanksgiving cards.  I call it my all-purpose card for Fall :)


This is actually my first time playing with Vintage Leaves and the Leaflets Framelits.  I wanted it when it first came out last year but didn't get it, so I was really happy that it was carried over into this year's annual catalog.  If you like fall decorating, there is so much you can do with these leaves besides make cards!  Imagine wreaths, garlands, scrapbook pages, tabletop decorations, placecards, napkin rings, classroom decorations, the list goes on and on!

You can shop for any of the supplies to make your own inspired cards by clicking on the Shop Now link on the left side of this page.  Please be sure to leave your contact information when you order to get a special "thank you" from me.

Happy stamping,
Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment