Monday, November 14, 2016

It's All About the Details - Sketch Challenge for CPC65

Hi, Stampers!

I used this month's Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge (CPC65) to design this card.

If you play along with this month's sketch, you could win a free month subscription to Craft Project Central! If you win, you'll even get to pick which month! Please go to the SKETCH POST to get all of the Do's and Don'ts for the sketch. I hope you'll play along! You'll need to submit your card by November 30 to be entered into the drawing!


It's all about the details on this card. I started with a piece of the beautiful Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up. I love the colors in this DSP - Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand & Whisper White. I chose to concentrate on my 2 favorites, Sweet Sugarplum & Rich Razzleberry.





If you know me, you know I love the glitter. I just think it makes cards happier! So that's the first detail - I used Balloon Celebration to stamp the shading of the three balloons in Versamark, then sprinkled them with Heat & Stick powder. If you haven't tried this, it's awesome! After you sprinkle it on the Versamark stamped image, just heat it up with your Heat Tool - it only takes a few seconds for it to get sticky. Then sprinkle on your Dazzling Diamonds (or any other) glitter and heat again - the glitter sticks and doesn't flake off! I used the same technique on the 1" wide strip of Rich Razzleberry cardstock, this time using another image from Balloon Celebration.


Mmm...lots of glittery goodness!

The next detail is the embossing on the white panel - I used the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder. This panel is cut 2-1/4" x 3-1/2", and I stamped on it before running it through the Big Shot.  The balloon strings are part of the Balloon Celebration stamp set, and the "on your" is from the Host Set Time of Year.


The Birthday banner is also from Time of Year, stamped in Sweet Sugarplum.  Did you see the cute little pennant in the corner?  It's cut from Rich Razzleberry using the Balloon Framelits die-cut.

Last but not least, I used the largest oval in my new Stitched Shapes Framelits to make the Sweet Sugarplum oval peeking out from behind the Rich Razzleberry on the left side of this card.  The little wispy flowers are also from Balloon Celebration, stamped in Sweet Sugarplum.  


The Stitched Shapes Framelits give such a polished look to your die-cuts.  And did you know that they layer with the Layering Circles, Layering Ovals and Layering Squares Framelits?  Love the coordination that Stampin' Up offers!


The Stitched Shapes Framelits are available now, along with select stamp sets at 25% off through November 30.  


Click here to shop at my Stampin' Up store


Have a wonderful day,
Pat

3 comments:

  1. I love this card. I really like your color choice. The glitter just completes the whole look of the card. I think that this might be a card that I will make. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Your nice comments made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty birthday card Pat. Love the touch of sparkly and the layers. Thank you for using the November sketch!

    ReplyDelete