Sunday, November 6, 2016

Vintage Leaves Sympathy

Hi Stampers,

My love of Vintage Leaves continues...today I'm sharing a couple of sympathy cards I designed. These are so simple to make, yet stunning (in my humble opinion!)


  The first one uses what I think of as "fall" leaves - maple and oak.  The colors are Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Rich Razzleberry.  The stamping is simple - it's just random, with no particular pattern to it, on a background of Very Vanilla.  If you look closely, you can see that I "flicked" some gold Wink of Stella over the leaves.  You can barely see it in the photo but trust me, it's stunning to see in person.  I added a double mat of Basic Black and Cajun Craze,  a sentiment (non SU) using my Layering Oval Framelits, and a strip of 5/8" Burlap Ribbon.  I stamped the envelope flap using the same three colors for a finishing touch.  

As much as I love fall, this is a card that I probably wouldn't use outside of the season, so I changed it up on the next one by using different leaves and colors:


On this one I left off the maple & oak leaves and used all the others.  The colors are Dapper Denim (stamped off once), Pear Pizzazz and Smoky Slate.  I covered the Smoky Slate leaves with clear Wink of Stella - it shows up nicely here, isn't it pretty?  The ribbon on this one is Dapper Denim 3/8" Ruched Ribbon.

I hope you're inspired by these cards!  Please visit my website to purchase any of the products mentioned here.

Happy stamping,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment