Friday, August 19, 2016

A Very Special Balloon Celebration

Hi Stampers,

Today I have a very special project to share with you.  Recently I was asked to design invitations for a 90th birthday celebration!  I love special requests like this - here's what I came up with -


These were so much fun to make and my customer was very pleased.  On the inside we added a photo and printed out all the info using fonts to mirror the sentiment on the card front.






Sweet Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach & Soft Sky are luscious together. They remind me of sherbet!


I hand-cut a template from a piece of sturdy acetate to sponge the clouds in Soft Sky.  Normally I use a piece of heavy-weight cardstock for a cloud template but I found that it was wearing out too quickly, as I made 40 of these.  The acetate works even better than cardstock, because you can see through it as you move it around the page!

Here's the recipe for this invitation:
Whisper White card base, 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored on the long side at 4 1/4".
Second layer of Soft Sky, 4" x 5 1/4".
Whisper White card front, 3 3/4" x 5".

Sponge clouds on the card front in Soft Sky ink.  Using the Balloon Celebration stamp set, stamp 3 balloons in Versamark, using Sweet Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach and Soft Sky cardstock.  Emboss each with Iridescent Ice (sadly, retired) or Clear or White Embossing Powder.  Punch them out using the Balloon Bouquet punch. The balloon strings are stamped with Soft Sky and the sentiment is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.  The "90th" is stamped in Marina Mist using the Number of Years stamp set and matching framelits.


I adhered the balloons and numbers using Tombow liquid glue.  This is the perfect adhesive for this project because it gives you a little "wiggle room" to line everything up perfectly before it sets.



After I finished 40 of these, my Soft Sky and Marina Mist ink pads were in desperate need of re-inking!  Luckily I have the entire set of Subtles re-inkers so I'm good to go again.  If you've never re-inked your pads or maybe you're not sure if you're doing it right, here's a short video from Patty Bennett that explains the process:


 Have a wonderful day,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment