Sunday, May 7, 2017

Life Looks Beautiful on You!

Hey friends,

How's your weekend so far?  Hope you're getting a chance to do some of the things you love.  If you find time for some crafting, here's a simple little card that won't take much time but packs a punch!


Calypso Coral and Bermuda Bay are a fantastic color combination.  Honestly, I would not have thought to combine these 2 colors on my own, but when I saw them used together in the Cupcakes and Carousels Designer Paper stack, I loved it.  Here's the recipe for this card:

The card base is Bermuda Bay, cut at 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", scored on the long side at 4-1/4".  The card front is Very Vanilla, 4" x 5-1/4".  Stamp the dancing girl and the sentiment from Beautiful You using Basic Black Archival ink - this is the best black ink for dark, rich color.  Plus, it won't bleed when used with Stampin' Write markers or watercolor pencils.  Color the hat & dress with Calypso Coral & Bermuda Bay markers.  The skin tones are colored with a Peekaboo Peach marker.



Cut 3 strips of designer paper in widths of 1-1/2", 1" & 3/4".  I used patterns from the Cupcakes and Carousels Designer Paper stack, plus Bermuda Bay Glimmer Paper (a free Sale-a-Bration item).  If you make this card without the glimmer paper strip, you could scatter 3 gems on the card front for glimmer, or use a Clear Wink of Stella glitter brush to add sparkly touches on the dress.  Flag the end of each strip using the Triple Banner Punch and trim them in varying lengths to fit on the card front. If you read my blog often, you know that this punch is another one of my must-haves!


The inside is special, too.  Here I stamped the dancing girl using Bermuda Bay ink and added another sentiment from the Beautiful You set, stamped in Basic Black Archival ink for contrast.


That's all there is to this card.  If you have 15 minutes to spend in the craft room, you can make this! There are 5 beautiful images with Beautiful You and many sentiments - it's one of my best selling stamp sets for beginners and seasoned stampers because you can make cards for so many different occasions with just a few basic supplies.

Product List

Have a beautiful day,
Pat


4 comments:

  1. I love this stamp set! Another great card with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing this color combo someplace other than cupcakes and carousels. I fell hard for that paper but hadn't thought to venture out to just using the colors. Thanks for inspiring me with this beautiful card! Creative Blessings! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, thank you for your kind comments! I love that paper too, and I'm always looking for ways to use it.

      Delete