Thursday, June 1, 2017

Watercolor Wings with New In-Colors!

Hi Friends!

When I first saw the new 2017-2019 In-Colors, the first one that caught my eye was Lemon Lime Twist - so different than anything else in our color collections!  It's so bright and vibrant, I just couldn't wait to use & share it.


I mixed up Lemon Lime Twist with Flirty Flamingo and Melon Mambo - what do you think?  The designer paper is from the Fresh Florals Designer Series Stack.  The stack has four patterns in all five of the new In-Colors - sweet!  The faceted gems are new, too - they come in clear or gold.


This is a fabulous fancy-fold card that I CASE'd from Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek.  I changed up the colors but thought everything else about this card was perfect from the get-go!


Here's the inside of this card - can you see why I love it?  Not only is there a big "Wow" factor, but it's super easy to make!  Here we go:

You'll need to stamp four of the largest butterflies from Watercolor Wings.  I used four stamps to create this image.  1) Stamp the wingtips in Lemon Lime Twist;  2) Stamp the insides of the wings in Flirty Flamingo;  3) Add the wing accents in Melon Mambo.  Die-cut the butterfly, then come back and stamp the body.  If you have a favorite, save it for the card front.  Fold the other 3 down the center of the body, matching the wingtips, and crease with your bone folder.  I scored down the center of each to make the folding easier.


Add a glue dot as shown here to the first butterfly and adhere it to the second.  Repeat with the third butterfly.


Add a glue dot to the wingtip of the first butterfly and place it inside your card about 3/4" from the corner.  Add another glue dot to the third butterfly, close the card front and press firmly.


The inside sentiment is part of the Birthday Blooms stamp set.  So much fun!  You'll want to make multiples of this card...some to keep and some to send!  


I adhered the front butterfly with Dimensionals to make it look like it was flying right off the card! The smaller butterfly on the envelope is also part of the Watercolor Wings stamp set.

Product List
The new catalog with five new In-Colors and oodles of other products are available NOW!  Check them all out at my online store.  If you need a demonstrator and would like a catalog, send me a message and I'll mail you one!


Happy stamping,
Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment