Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Daisies from the Farmers Market

Hi, Friends!

I am having so much fun playing with the new In-Colors!  I love experimenting with different combinations to see what works.  One of my favorites is Powder Pink paired with Smoky Slate.


So soft and lovely!  Smoky Slate is one of my favorite neutral colors - everything looks good with it.  It's the "little black dress" of cardstock!   I used 2 of my favorite new bundles on this project - Wood Words and Daisy Delight.


"Thank You" & "Farmer's Market" are stamped in Basic Gray.  The daisy stems are stamped in Old Olive and the smaller flower stems are stamped in Pear Pizzazz.  The small daisies are a 2-step stamp:  the solid background is stamped in Powder Pink and the outline stamp is done in Flirty Flamingo.  The large daisy is stamped in Powder Pink and the center is Flirty Flamingo.



I stamped the stems first, placing them so they would look as if they are tucked inside the crate.  The crate is made with the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack and die-cut using the Wood Crate Framelits, which are included in the Wood Words Bundle.  The center daisy is stamped on the card front; the other 2 are stamped once to show placement for the fussy-cut images.


See how the small daisies on the left & right are popped up?  I love adding dimension to cards this way.  The petals on the large flower were rolled around a pencil to shape them and a Dimensional behind the center pops it up too.  Five rhinestone jewels add sparkle!


The large daisy is actually 2 punched daisies layered on each other and attached in the center with a drop of liquid glue.


I liked this design so much, I decided to try it with bolder colors too.  Here I've used Berry Burst, Crushed Curry and Dapper Denim.  




Two of the smaller daisies are popped up with Dimensionals on this card, too.  Glitter Enamel Dots in coordinating colors add sparkle!


New In-Colors for 2017-2019 - what will you make with your favorites?

Product List

I'd love to hear your comments about your favorite colors.  Thanks for stopping by today!

Pat





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I have to get both of these sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet cards .... great examples using this set. The Color Schemes are great and love the layout.

    ReplyDelete