Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Star of Light

Hi Stampers,

My customers tell me time and time again that their favorite cards to make are for Christmas and birthdays.  The best time to work on your holiday cards is NOW - when you are relaxed and able to enjoy the creative process.  Waiting until December and working under stress takes all the joy out of stamping.  We've all been there, right?  This year, let's do it right and have all our cards ready to mail by Thanksgiving!

Last Sunday was the 25th of June - exactly six months until Christmas.  It was also the day of my first Christmas card class!  These are some of the cards we made:


 We were working with the Star of Light stamp set & the Starlight Thinlits.  I'm loving the fresh new In-Colors for this year and wanted to incorporate them into this class.  Christmas cards in non-traditional colors are some of my favorites!  This one uses Lemon Lime Twist for the card base.  The blue is Dapper Denim - this has become my go-to shade of blue.


I think my favorite stamp in this set is the "swirly swoosh" on the background.  I'm not really sure what to call it, but that seems to work. It's so simple, yet so elegant.


The star is three separate layers made with the die-cuts included with the Thinlits.  The first layer is Dapper Denim, the second layer is Lemon Lime Twist and the third layer is cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.  I adhered the layers together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  Use it sparingly - a little dab will do ya!


 The white panel on the card front is 3" x 5".  Five rhinestone jewels add even more sparkle.


Here's a different version of this card using Fresh Fig cardstock and ink.  The front panel on this one is 3" x 5-1/2".  A strip of Copper Foil cardstock separates the front panel from the card base.


The 3 layers of the star are Fresh Fig, Whisper White and Copper Foil.


One more version of this card uses Dapper Denim for the card base.  All of the stamping is done in Dapper Denim except for the "swirly swoosh", which is stamped in Marina Mist.


 This star has just 2 layers - Dapper Denim & Copper Foil.


This is how I finished the inside of my cards.  There you have it, three different looks using the Star of Light stamp set & Starlight Thinlits.  Which is your favorite?

Stop by again soon - I'll be showing more holiday ideas in the weeks to come, including a sneak peek at a brand new bundle available in August - Carols of Christmas!


Product List

Happy stamping,
Pat









No comments:

Post a Comment