Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Vintage Leaves & Wood Textures for #GDP103

Hi, Stampers!

This week I'm playing along with the Theme Challenge at Global Design Project. It's a theme I can really get into-as a matter of fact, it was the theme of our team card swap last week.  I guess great minds think alike!



My design has a real woodsy-leafy thing going on - perfect for him!


I used Early Espresso for my card base on this project.  It's my fave of all the browns - so rich looking!  On top of that, I layered a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper. Instead of centering it, I shifted it to line up with the top & left edges of the card.


The top layer is Whisper White, stamped randomly in Sahara Sand with one of the images from Vintage Leaves.  Then I used the maple leaf  framelit to cut out a peek-a-boo shape.  This step was actually a happy accident - I had a scrap of cardstock with the maple leaf shape cut out on my craft table and it happened to land on top of my Wood Textures DSP.   And surprise, I liked it!

The Whisper White layer started out 4" x 5-1/4".  I laid it on top of the DSP layer and when I found the angle I liked, I marked it & trimmed off the top & left edges to match the card base.


My favorite thing about this card is the bold greeting cut with the Happy Birthday Thinlits Die.  It's actually four die-cuts layered together - the first 3 are cut from Early Espresso and the top one from Whisper White.  I love the shadowing and dimension it gives to this card.


I used this sentiment from Special Celebrations for the inside.  It has such great options for a lot of occasions - this has quickly become my "go-to" birthday greeting.


A trio of the new Black Rhinestone Jewels and a double wrap of Linen Thread tied around the card are the finishing touches.

Please visit Global Design Project this week to see all of the great entries there!

Product List
Have you been thinking of trying Paper Pumpkin?  Now is the best time - new subscribers get 50% off the regular price of the September kit.  Sign up by September 10 to take advantage of this great offer!



Happy stamping for HIM,

Pat





No comments:

Post a Comment