Monday, October 16, 2017

Sympathy with Oh So Eclectic

Hi Friends,

It's been a while since I've shared anything here.  We've had a big excavation project going on at our house and our internet has been down for 3 weeks!  Thank goodness it's finally over and I'm back online.  I think I was suffering from withdrawal!

The card swap theme at our last team meeting was "Sympathy", and here is the card I created:


The falling blossoms are from Oh So Eclectic, stamped in Soft Sky ink.  I added a single image from the matching die-cuts with 3 small pearls to accent it.


The card base is made of Soft Sky cardstock.  The 4" x 5-1/4" mat is cut from Dapper Denim, and the card front is Whisper White.  The "with sympathy" is from the Rose Wonder photopolymer stamp set.  I stamped it in Versamark ink, sprinkled with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and used my Heat Tool to set it.  I used the matching die-cut in the Rose Garden Thinlits to cut this but it would be simple to fussy-cut, too!  It's attached with Stampin' Dimensionals.


The inside is finished simply with one of the sentiments from Rose Garden (Dapper Denim) and a single blossom from Oh So Eclectic (Soft Sky).

Sympathy cards are my least favorite to make but unfortunately, needed all too often.  I like to keep them simple with soft colors.  Sweet Sugarplum accented with Fresh Fig is another good color combination for this card.  I hope you'll be inspired to try making this design!

Product List
Happy stamping,
Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment