Friday, November 3, 2017

Blue Christmas

I'll have a blue Christmas without you
I'll be so blue just thinking about you...
Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree
Won't be the same dear...if you're not here with me...

Can't you just hear Elvis crooning that?  That song was stuck in my head, going round and round while I worked on this card.  Does that ever happen to you?  I'll wake up in the middle of the night and it's still there.  Ridiculous!


This is my idea of a Blue Christmas!  My Whisper White card base is layered with Pool Party and Dapper Denim.  The embossed background was done with the Softly Falling EF.


My favorite thing about this card is the sentiment from Watercolor Christmas.  I love the ribbon-like font, which is perfect for this three-color technique.  I used sponge brayers to layer the colors onto the stamp - from top to bottom, I rolled on Pool Party, Island Indigo & Dapper Denim.  The circle is cut out with the Stitched Shapes Framelits.


The bow & pine boughs are cut with the Perfect Pines Thinlits Dies from Pool Party, Island Indigo & Dazzling Diamonds cardstocks.  A piece of Pool Party Shimmer Ribbon and some Rhinestone Basic Jewels are the finishing touches!


There's an easy way to add layers of multiple small die-cut pieces to a card like this - you absolutely must have a silicone mat.  Lay a scrap piece of cardstock the same size as your card front behind the silicone mat (you can see through it) and begin arranging the die-cuts.  This way you won't make your design too large to fit on the card.  When you're satisfied with the arrangement, begin gluing the smaller pieces to the circle using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, my favorite.  You could also use the Fine-Tip Glue Pen if you like.  Gluing small pieces together like this can get messy, but none of your extra glue will stick to the silicone mat.  It only takes a few minutes for your beautiful arrangement to dry and you can pick it up and adhere it to the card front as a unit.  

Product List

Thanks for visiting my blog today!  If I can help you in any way, please contact me.  I would love to help you with your crafting wishes!

Creatively,
Pat


No comments:

Post a Comment